Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome!

This is the grand opening of the Campbell Middle School Library Blog.  Here you will find news about what's going on in the library and what's going on with your librarian.  

And the news this week is that it's my first week in the CMS library and my brain is churning with ideas and plans.  

My first task is to weed the library.  There are some old books stashed about it cupboards that need to be discarded and there are some old books still on the shelves that need to be removed to make room for all the new books that just don't seem to fit on the shelves.  

Once that is finished, I plan to integrate the "easy" fiction into the regular fiction and create a picture book shelf for picture books.  That's right.  You middle schoolers are not too old for picture books!

Then I need to tackle non-fiction.  It's in need of some serious weeding.  Once all the weeding is done, I'll conduct a needs assessment and write a plan for library improvement for next year.  This plan will include new student computers, a projector, lots of non-fiction books, some reference materials, audio books, magazines, digital resources and some rearranging of the furniture.  Wish me luck.  I may dive in to the Donors Choose pool next year.

Speaking of rearranging, I've been moving computers around today and they don't seem to like it one bit.  I've been on the job 2 days and sent in 3 tech help requests already!  I should probably bake those folks some cookies.  

Any way, check back now and then or follow CMS-library on Facebook or @MrsLibearian on Twitter to find out what's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment